Thursday 26 December 2013

Back to blogging and a Christmas Haul!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well and that you all had a wonderful Christmas and if you don't celebrate Christmas, then I hope you had a wonderful day anyway!



I had planned on doing Blogmas this year, and I think it's safe to say that I failed. Well, I half failed. I managed to complete about half but then exams fully took over and I had time for absolutely nothing, other than studying. I barely even slept. In two weeks, I think I slept an average of four hours each night? I had a grand total of 16 exams in that short space of time and no sooner had I finished exam, it was on to the next one. My life literally consisted of college and exams, home, study until about 1am, sleep until my alarm went off at 6, study and then set off for college at 7:55 before beginning the whole process again. From the time I went to bed until the time I got up, I didn't actually manage to sleep that much. I was shattered but would suddenly jolt awake reciting definitions and formulas in my head. Yes, it does sound like I was going mad and, to be honest, that's exactly what it felt like! I'd love to do blogmas this year, but maybe I will have to write the posts well in advance. Maybe I should start tomorrow! haha

Anyway, now is the perfect time to get back into blogging. I figured a good way to start is to do a bit of a Christmas haul and then tomorrow, I will be uploading another post all about my Christmas and Boxing day. Hope you enjoy!

First of all I'm going to talk about the presents I got for other people. I got my Mam a national trust diary which was ordered mid-october as it seemed to be sold out everywhere, some perfume and some new headphones; I got my niece a pull along dog as she is in the process of learning to walk, as well as some books; I gave my sister some money for Christmas and then I got my 5 of best friends various things and then for my other best friends, I made them all a huge plate of brownies. Not all presents have to cost a load of money! Now for my presents:

From my Dad I got...

My first present was a Pandora charm bracelet! Two of the charms have silver hearts another, another is plain silver, two others have little purples gems and then the final two have engraved silver hearts going all the way around, which are connected by a small charm. Then, of course, there's always the traditional Pandora charm. I actually have a thread Pandora bracelet, but I actually like my new one much more!
               
         
My second main present was a Cambridge satchel. I am ever so slightly obsessed with it and took it on it's first outing today! I'm terrified I am going to spill something on it, so I am determined to look after it and keep it in it's bag. I love how it has my initials printed on it in gold too!


I also got The Snowman on DVD which I apparently used to love as a child. I had planned on watching it today but haven't found the time, so this is definitely on the agenda for tomorrow.


it is a Christmas tradition for me to get a Now CD from one of the older members of our family and this year was no different. They must be the only ones that actually still by CDs!



From my Mam I got:


I've wanted this book for so long now! I didn't actually realise how big it was. I haven't even had a proper chance to sit down a read it yet, but I'm already in love with it! The detail on both the cover and the back is amazing. I love how they have listed so many designers on the back. 

A Rimmel eye shadow pallet and some new power with the softest sponge I've ever touched! I genuinely want to sit and stroke it. 
A ridiculous amount of chocolate, both from my Mam and from my neighbours. 

    My main present from my Mam, along with the book, was a new camera! It's currently attached to my hip (not really) as I refuse to let it out of my sight. I had my last camera, which I adored for about 4 years, so my new one is taking a little while to get used to. It is the Samsung WB30F.

One of my best friend's, Saoirse, MADE me this cushion!! How can someone sow this well, I do not understand haha. I personally find the tag that she put on the wrapping paper as another little present, as I love how she's called me "kateisnotonfire". It made me laugh and then cringe at how people actually think me and Dan Howell are so similar that we are one in the same. (other people's words, not mine hahaha)


As well as these presents, I also got a leather skirt that I had been lusting after for SO long from three of my best friends. I love it so much that I wore it on Christmas day. I got a scarf from one of the girls at dance as we did a secret santa. I also received money from various members of my family.

I am actually still waiting for some gifts to arrive as post seems to be going a bit slow because of all the weather. These presents are all coming from different countries, but hopefully they'll get here soon. I'm excited for them to arrive, just so I can rekindle that Christmas spirit again! 

I will be uploading a blog post all about my Christmas day and what I wore at some point tomorrow, so be sure to look out for that. 

Once again, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or just a wonderful day, and that you're all thoroughly enjoying your holidays.

Be sure to let me know in the comments what you got for Christmas! 

❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment