Saturday 4 January 2014

My New Year's Resolutions

Another blogger doing a post on their New Year's Resolutions? Original, I know, but I thought if I did them here then it might mean that I actually stick to them. I'm really interested to hear all yours too, so be sure to let me know in the comments below!

I've only set myself a few, and I think they're a bit different to the ones I usually make, and by that I mean they're actually achievable and things that I might work at to keep. So, here we go...

  • Get into shape. No, not lose weight or go on some sort of diet that I won't stick to, there is no need for that at all. I'd just like to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath. I'm not going to set myself a target of how many times a week I'm going to exercise or anything like that, I'm just going to keep in the back of my mind that I'd maybe like to go on a half hour run three times a week. If I can't do that, then it's absolutely fine. I think this is a healthy attitude to have. 
  • Stop caring what other people think. I think this will be the biggest one for me this year. Obviously I'm not going to overcome it entirely but I like to think that I'll get somewhere. It's not really even about caring what people think, it's about what they might be thinking so really it's all in my imagination. I go red at the slightest thing because I worry about what someone might be thinking and, should I see a crowd at school, I'll go the long way round so as to avoid them. Yes, even when they're first years haha. It is definitely a type of anxiety and it does control part of my life, so I'm definitely looking to change that this year.
  • Say yes to more things. Even if it's the slightest thing. If someone asks me to the cinema, then go! I think I need to try and spend less time in my house and more time actually out there and achieving things. We only get one life so we may as well get the most out of it as we can.
  • Get better at replying to emails. Probably the easiest resolution I've set myself, but it's actually quite a big thing. Come this year, there will be no more "oh I'll reply to that after I've finished watching this" and then leaving it for three weeks before either a.) remembering and having to make up some excuse or b.) just ignoring it completely. I'm going to start this as soon as I've finished this blog post actually!
  • Take more care with my blog. Not only am I going to try and regularly update my blog this year (or so I'd like to think anyway) but I'd like to be able to take care and to take my time whilst doing so. This means making sure the lay out and set up is right, start advertising and getting it out there more but, most of all, take better photos. This will mean finding a nicer backdrop, proper lighting and editing them properly, especially now that I've got a new camera.
There'll be no more "New Year, New Me!" stuff, instead I'm just going to try and be the best I can be, and I think that's the best thing I could achieve. 

Let me know some of your resolutions in the comments below! 

❤ ❤ 

No comments:

Post a Comment