Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmas Gift Guide for Friends - Blogmas Day 10.

I have quite a few friend groups, so my friends and I don't tend to go all out for Christmas. My friends in England don't even get anything as it would just be too expensive. Saoirse, Alba and I set a budget and then normally three of us will buy the other something. With my friendship group at school, which includes eight of us, it wouldn't make sense to go all out as we'd probably end up in debt. Instead, we do small token presents. Here's what I plan on getting them this year...

GIRL FRIENDS:


1. Plane, Train, Bus Tickets: If, like me, one of your best friends lives in a different country or just not as close as you'd like and you don't see them as much as you'd like to, then why not get them a ticket to do exactly that? That way there's no excuse.
2. Jewellery: Jewellery doesn't have to be expensive. Places like H&M, Bershka, Stradivarius and other highstreet stores do great pieces. I really like the earring featured above, which are from Dorothy Perkins. They also come with a necklace.
3. Photoframes: Because what better way to document your memories together than with photoframes and some of your favourite photos together? Another nice idea would be to make an entire photo album, but this would obviously be an extra special present.
4. Nail Varnish: Obviously buying make-up can be quite a tricky one. You have to make sure you have the right shade, the right sort for their skin type, not to mention the fact it can be expensive. If you really have your heart set on getting her make-up, though, then maybe a few nail varnishes is right for you.
5. Slippers: Because you can't go wrong with a pair of fluffy slipper boots! Perfect for Winter-
6. Friendship Bracelets: If, like me, you have quite a big friendship group, then why not kill two birds (or ten) with one stone, and buy everyone a friendship bracelet? I know these are considered to be quite childish but places like Accessorize have some really nice ones.
7. A Hamper: This doesn't have to be something incredibly expensive and shop bought, you can just make your own! Find a box big enough and then just fill it with your friends favourite things; chocolate, fluffy socks, a manicure set, etc. To make it less expensive, you can even start earlier in the year.
8. YouTube Products: Chances are, there's going to be at least one person in your friendship group who is a big fan of a certain youtuber. Whether it be Zoe Sugg, Tanya Burr or Alfie Deyes, there's definitely something other there for everyone at the minute.
9. Snood: Again, perfect for keeping warm in Winter months.
10. Real Techniques Brushes: These are a perfect gift. Whether you just want a single brush or an entire pack, there is something in there for everyone. I really like these and honestly think they're great brushes. You can easily buy every brush you will ever need for just 40€, which is generally what just one brush will cost you at places like MAC, NARS and Bobbi Brown.


BOY FRIENDS:
(This was so much harder than expected!)


1. A Phonecase: Because I'm pretty sure that we all have that one friend who drops their phone more often than not, and then says that it simply 'slipped'.
2. A Ball: All of my male friends are in to one sport or another, and are constantly either popping or losing their balls over a fence (no pun intended). So yeah, go buy them a pair of balls.
3. A Wallet: It's bad enough having to carry all of my own things around, especially as I am known to be a slight overpacker, but when you have to throw your friends' things in their too, it can get a bit out of hand. Boys, it's time to take control of your own money, just be sure to let me spend it for you.
4. A Beanie: Simply because I like seeing boys in beanies, even if they are my friends.
5. A Game: Gone are the days where I knew what playstation, XBOX, WII games, etc. were all the range. Warning; if you buy your friend something like this, it's unlikely that you will ever see him again and unlikely that he will ever see the sun again. 
6. Cards Against Humanity: AKA one of the funniest games ever. This can easily provide hours of entertainment, just not if you're easily offended.
7. A Football Shirt: Yes, these are expensive but if you know that a friend is passionate about a specific team, then you and some other friends could easily club together and buy him something. Or just buy a fake one, he'll never know the difference (I hope).
8. A Bracelet: Because there's nothing I like more than a boy in skinny jeans, beanies and bracelets. Sorry.

I definitely found the boy section harder than I thought I would!
Have I missed anything out? 
Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment