Wednesday 29 July 2015

July Favourites.

A while ago now, I promised myself that I'd do bimonthly favourites, seasonal essentials and more beauty posts. Due to my blogging break, I obviously couldn't keep my own promise to myself, but hey - better late than never! Let's see what I've been loving during July...

  • Clarins Moisturiser: There are months when my skin is very dry and others when it's quite greasy. Right now, despite it being Summer, it's incredibly dry. Up until recently, my skin would just drink the moisturiser I was applying but, thankfully, I found this Clarins moisturiser! Not only does it leave my skin feeling incredibly refreshed but I always notice a difference when I use it before applying my make-up. It just helps me create a smoother finish.
  • Rimmel Foundation: I've never been the biggest fan of a duey make-up look. I think there's a fine line between shiny and duey so I've always tended to just add powder, even with more of a liquid foundation. Despite dipping my toe over to the wrong side ever so occasionally, I think I've finally found the way to a perfect duey look. I find that this foundation gives great coverage, excellent staying powder and leaves you with that perfect Summer look without all the extra shine. 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: Probably a bit contradictory considering my last favourite, but I'm a big fan of this powder. I know, I know - I'm the last person to jump on the bandwagon. I probably should have gone with a darker shade but I still find it to be a great powder. It even smells nice.
  • Original Source Lime Shower Gel: Despite the fact that The Body Shop's mango shower gel is quite possibly my favourite scent in the world and something I use nearly every day, it is nice to have a change every now and again. Though it isn't quite up there with the mango shower gel, I love the smell of this one. It reminds me of how lime fruit pastels taste and, considering they're one of my favourite sweets, that can only be an added bonus.
  • Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette: Summer without bronzer and highlighter is like the Kardashian family without excellent eyebrows, me without having my nails painted and Summer without sun (England excluded - sorry England) and the bronzer and highlighter included in the Naked Flushed palette are officially my favourite for the Summer. The bronzer isn't too dark, is easy to build and even makes a great eyeshadow. The highlighter is perfect for cheeks, the inner eye and the brow bone.

  • Fedora Hat: Just like my search for a leather jacket, my search for the perfect fedora hat was just as long. I must have tried on hundreds of hats before eventually settling on this one from H&M. I honestly don't know why it took me so long, I just couldn't decide whether they suited me or not. I eventually decided to bite the bullet and just go for it - I haven't taken it off since.
  • Travel Blogs: This year and Summer have been a big one for me - both have brought a lot of changes. Come this September, I will hopefully be off to Perth (Australia), Thailand, Cape Town (South Africa) and Tanzania (Africa). It turns out that I have family in some interesting places - even Wales! To get me ready for this, I've been watching plenty of travel vlogs, with some of my favourites being Ben Brown, JacksGap and Tim Kellner.
  • Suits: I don't really watch a lot of TV. Up until recently, the only shows that I watched were Pretty Little Liars (I NEED TO KNOW WHO A IS/ARE) and Keeping Up With the Kardashians, spin-offs included. During the first week of July, I decided times needed to change and I needed a new TV show to watch. Despite my brother's protests, I ended up ditching his list of shows that needed to be watched (GOT, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, etc.), and watched Suits. As someone who is hoping to pursue a career in law, it makes sense why I like it so much. Gabriel Macht has something to do with it to - if you watch it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

What have you been loving this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment