Tuesday 15 September 2015

Autumn Essentials.

Fun fact - tomorrow is my birthday and I will be spending it sitting university entry exams. Yes, happy birthday to me! This post was obviously written in advance due to the fact I'm currently cramming like a maniac but, hey, you can't say I don't try. The weather is officially changing and I'm just about ready to change my beauty products, as well as some items in my wardrobe. Here are some of the products that I will be using throughout the Autumn months.




  • Red Lipstick: The leaves in Spain don't change colour quite like they do in the rest of the world, in fact - they seem to do the opposite. They're brown in the Summer and green in the Winter, so I like to base my make-up on the colour of the leaves in other countries. It wouldn't quite be Autumn without red lipstick, would it? After all, the leaves go a lovely auburn, red-y orange colour, so why not match your make-up to the leaves? That sounded better in my head...
  • Scarves: It's not quite cold enough to be knitted out in jumpers and coats yet, but it can still get a bit breezy of an evening, which is why I currently have a vast range of light scarves hanging in my wardrobe.
  • Lip Salve: I think everyone's lips suffer every once in a while during the cooler months, mainly due to the drastic change in temperature. Not only does it work on lips, but it also great for elbows, cuticles and even stray flyaways. If you prefer a lip balm that has multiple uses, maybe stick to normal Vaseline. If not, then I recommend the lip balms from The Body Shop.
  • Moisturiser: During the colder months and seasons, I prefer to use a heavier moisturiser just because my skin is so much drier. Though it has previously broken me out, I plan on retrying Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion.
  • Make-Up Powder: Though it might quite not be time to say goodbye to our less matte foundations, it is perhaps the time so say goodbye to the duier looks and to bring back our faithful powder. 
  • Concealer: I thought the bags under my eyes were bad in the Summer, but they're nothing compared to what they are in the Autumn. After all, it's hard work getting back into a routine and getting up before 10am. I also tend to break out a bit around my chin and mouth when there is a change in the temperature too.
  • Candles: People tend to spend a lot more time curled up with a blanket, watching TV in the cooler months (myself included). A way to make it extra cosy is some candles. There's something about them that makes me feel so relaxed and cosy inside.

What are your Autumn essentials?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment