Tuesday 12 January 2016

The December Haul.

Everyone seems to spend a lot of money in December. There's the Christmas food to be bought, decorations, Christmas party drinks, gifts for friends and family... And then of course there are the presents that you buy yourself. Don't deny it, we've all been there. Everyone is happier and a bit more free with money and, as a reward for all our hard work, we end up treating ourselves. Well, that's what I did this year anyway... I deserved them, okay? Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself.

  • Mulberry Card Holder: Let's get the most extravagant and most likely to get me killed by my mother out of the way first, shall we? It was quite a big deal and almost gave me an anxiety attack but I managed to get through it thanks to one of my fab best friends, Ariadna, who told me that I deserved it. I actually originally bought it in nude, but it spent the next week still in the tissue paper, box and bag as I was terrified to get it out in case it got dirty! I ended up taking it back and exchanging it for the pink one, something that I'm so glad I did as I am completely and utterly in love with it, as is everyone else that's seen it!
  • Fossil Watch: I'd been after a new watch for a while as my white leather D&G watch is sadly no longer white but, as I've recently gone off most Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs watches due to the amount of people wearing them, I just couldn't find one I liked. When I went to return the Mulberry purse, there was a massive sale on in other stores, which meant a list as long as my arm was written and I headed out to track down a bargain. I was stuck between an DVF Clutch bag and a Fendi Keyring when I saw this watch and it was just what I had been looking for! Like I said, it was on sale so I was very pleased and it's barely been off my wrist since.
  • Clinique Liquid Facil Soap: My skin, like most other people's, tends to be combination type throughout most of the year; oily T-zone, dry cheeks, chin and around my mouth but, like most other people's skin, mine tends to get drier in colder months. Because of this, I opted to buy the dry skin type version of the facial soap instead of my usual combination.
  • Printed Trousers, H&M: I'd had my eye on these for a while before buying them. I'm so glad I waited as, the day I went to buy them, they'd just been put in the sale. Don't you just love it when that happens? I'm so happy with them and they fit perfectly. Though I haven't been a massive fan of most of H&M's recent stuff, I do absolutely adore their printed trousers and jeans, and actually own about seven pairs.
  • White Shirt, Pull & Bear: Just like when I spent three years searching for the perfect leather jacket, my search for a white shirt seems to have been a long one, but I've finally found it! All the shirts I'd seen previously had either been too tight, too long, too baggy or even had the wrong type of button... I'm very picky. I bought this a few days after buying my trousers, and have been constantly pairing them together. It was clearly fate. This one is just the right length, not too baggy but not too tight and also has slits up the side, meaning you can easily take it from day wear to evening wear. Love, love, love.
  • Coat, ZARA: My ideal wardrobe is finally coming together. Like with the shirt, I spent a long while trying to find the perfect camel coloured coat. Though this isn't the one I had my eye on, of which they had none left, I'm so glad I was able to find and buy this one. I got it in the sales, which is an extra bonus. I wear a lot of skinny jeans or tight clothing, so it's nice to add a bit of balance with this as it's more of a boyfriend cut. It's not done much for my coat and jacket addiction though!

What have you treated yourself to recently?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment