Monday 8 February 2016

I'm in Australia!

So yesterday, after four continents, too many time zones and 56 hours of no sleep, I arrived in Perth, Australia! It feels a bit weird to be saying that and I couldn't actually believe I was actually here. I felt like I was in such a daze but that might have something to do with the 56 hours of no sleep that I mentioned. That was definitely the way to beat jet-lag though as I then slept from 11pm to 9am, refreshed and ready to start my first proper day in Australia.



I'm excited to share all my adventures with you, no doubt there will plenty of photos to be seen. I actually have no plans at all while I am here, I just know that I want to travel around a bit, and no return ticket booked so I'm a little aprehensive, but I'm more excited than anything! Oh, and I'm also very hot. Who knew it would be 46ÂșC when I arrived wearing a woolly jumper and fluffy socks? Air conditioning and ice-cream are clearly going to be my new best friends.

As well as feeling excited, I'm also feeling quite proud of myself. At 19, I have funded this entire trip (and the past two years of my life) myself and I've made it to the other side of the world on my own. It doesn't sound like a big deal, I know, but I can just get up and go out exploring whenever and to where I want. It feels strange but nice. I'm so glad I took a gap year.



Have any of you ever been to Australia?
Is there anything that you would recommend?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment