Saturday 6 February 2016

London Memories.

So... I kind of move to Australia tomorrow. I loved my time in London so much, more so than even I expected. I enjoyed new experiences, new food, many adventures and met people who I know I will be friends with for life. I can't believe just how much I grew to love and care for them, despite having only known them all a few months or, in some cases, a few weeks! Like I said, I know we'll be friends for life and I'm so grateful to them for making my experience an unforgettable one. I'm already counting down the days until my next adventures with them all. For now though, I thought I'd share some of my favourite memories from my time in London.

My first memory would have to be meeting so many amazing people. I would rave about them all day if I could, which might come as quite a surprise as I definitely don't tell people how much they mean to me as much as I should. I got the opportunity to experience so much great stuff with them, both individually and in groups. Shortly after arriving in London, I got my first full-time, grown up job at Disney! I walked in on a Saturday, had an interview on the Sunday and started on the Monday. Through Disney, I was able to meet so many incredible people, including Michael, who I absolutely bloody adore and is one of my favourite people in the world. I actually worked at the store in Covent Garden, which was amazing. Where better to work than one of the places everyone wants to visit when they come to London, and just a short walk away from Leicester Square?! Thanks to working there I got to meet quite a few celebrities including Michael Gambon (Dumbledore), Keith Lemon, the cast of Star Wars (I got to go to the premiere) and more! Those two memories combined resulted in my trip to Disneyland, Paris. I went with one of my best friends, Amita, and we met up with Michael, who I mentioned previous, and two of his friends (who I'm also now very good friends with). It was such a memorable trip with so many laughs. I genuinely think I came back with abs due to laughing so much. Two people who this trip just wouldn't have been the same without or even possible are Amita and Ariadna; the Khloé and Kourtney to my Kim, my musketeers and my best friends. I AM OBSESSED WITH THEM. I had the best time with them, both together and individually. As mentioned previously, Amita and I got to go to Paris together, which, though Amita didn't enjoy it too much, I will never, ever forget and I had the most amazing time. I'm already counting down the days until I'm back. My weekend adventures with Ariadna deserve multiple blog posts, hundreds of Instagram photos and a whole section of my brain dedicated just for them. How a meal out turned into spending four days together week after week, I have no idea, especially with Ariadna studying for such important exams. We went to Bicester Village, where we met the fittest assistant in Mulberry. Long story short, we spent three hours in there talking to him; he got told off and we got kicked out. There's a first time for everything. Other stand-out memories with Ariadna including rushing to Richmond Park to see the snow, having Leonardo DiCaprio wave at us and us not realising because we were too busy talking (classic us), walking past Tom Hardy and not realising it was too late (I was fuming), our weekend outings to Harrods and South Kensington and somehow meeting the cast of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. We somehow ended up in the Corinthia and decided to have a look around, wandering around the shops, bars and afternoon tea room, before venturing into some sort of lounge area, where we were greeted by fans and paparrazi. We walked out the exit and, a few moments later, met the cast! It's a bit annoying to know that if we'd stayed in, we could have actually just had a good old chat with them, but then we wouldn't have gotten to bump into Sam Claflin and ask him if he fancied some of my meatball subway. Amazing. You may have noticed a few name-drops in there, but I promise that I did not intent for it to come across that way. I just casually bump in to celebrities almost every single day. People are beginning to notice and say that it's an actual talent, and what a talent it is. To name just a few, in the past few months I've met or walked past the Star Wars cast, THG cast, Leo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Benedict Cumberbatch, Joe Sugg, more YouTubers and Bloggers than I can even remember, and more! I also ended up meeting my penpal, Winnie. We first started talking when we were 10 years old (that's ten years ago) and we have only just got around to meeting, due to there having been over 3000 miles between us. We went from MSN to Stardoll, Piczo to Bebo, email to Twitter, whatsapp... We've done it all! I'm so happy we were finally able to meet up in person and thoroughly enjoyed our day out at the Natural History Museum, and I'm excited for our days out together when I'm back in the U.K. One more memory that I'd like to mention before I sob my way out of this post is how I've had the opportunity to reconnect and get to know my family. Due to various circumstances, I never got the opportunity to really get to know my grandparents, uncle, aunt and cousin on my mother's side. I've never really been family-orientated and considered my friends to be my family, but getting to know them has been better than I can even explain. Knowing that people love you, want the best for you and will do anything to help you is easily one of the best feelings in the world, and they give me that. My Gran and I are now like best friends, we even gossip about celebrities and my love life! My favourite memory has to be my gran asking me about my recent visit to the doctors and the tests I had to do for my chest infection and cough, only for her to ask "if I was good at blowing": Amazing.

















...and I guess that's it. I'm only just leaving and I'm already excited to be back, but I'm also excited to see what the future holds and for my time in Australia.

London, you've been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment