Tuesday 30 August 2016

August Favourites Feat. Fruity Fragrances.

Can we appreciate the alliteration in the title of this post please because I honestly think it's something that my Year 7, and potentially Year 12, teacher would have been proud of. Can we also please talk about how it's the end of August and there are only four months left until 2017? I haven't had to write the date this year so I'm still not quite in a 2016 frame of mind, but seriously... 2017?! I don't even want to talk about it, so let's instead talk about what I've been loving this month...

  • Mango Shower Gel & Body Lotion: I actually can't walk past a Body Shop store without going in and smelling this (and salivating), despite owning large bottles of each at home. You only need the tiniest amount, but I've probably still repurchased it enough to be paying everyone's pensions.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: My skin has really improved over the past few months, the only problem is I've been left with quite a bit of scarring. I purchased Bio-Oil in the hope that it would fix the problem and it might have done, had I persevered with it, but I just couldn't handle how it left my skin. I've gone from having dry to combination skin to have SUCH oily skin and it was proving almost impossible to hide, until I reverted back to the trusty Stay Matte powder from Rimmel. I was even able to go on a night out and tip back at home at 9am (I know) looking in a some what presentable state (I know) with matte skin!
  • Nails Inc Notting Hill Gate Nail Polish: I do love a good freebie - it's mainly why I spend a massive 2 GBP on Glamour magazine once a month. I actually once got a Clinique moisturiser that lasted me about three months and don't think I've ever been so happy. Another freebie I picked up has turned into my favourite nail varnish. It's such a bright, vibrant colour, is long lasting and really easy to apply. It's also named after my favourite place in London, so I'd say it was meant to be. A bottle of this would set you back £15, so I'd be sure to keep an eye out for Glamour magazine, as they always have great freebies!
  • Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash: If you suffer from troublesome skin, especially when hormonal, buy. this. It's SO good and you can genuinely see results overnight. I love this and, even though all the sunscreen and awful Spanish water aren't quite agreeing with my skin, which has broken out quite a bit, I'd dread to think what it would be like without this. 
  •  Garnier Micellar Water: I'm probably the last person in the world to use this but, when I saw that Garnier had branched out and developed formulas for dry, combination and oily skin, I couldn't resist picking it up. I didn't know whether to include this as a favourite or disappointing product, but decided the pros definitely outweighed the cons (there's literally one con. I'm quite overdramatic). This is honestly the best make-up remover I've used and I love that it has no scent, and that it mattifies the skin. It's even great at removing liquid and matte lipsticks! The only downside is that, no matter how hard I try, it just doesn't remove mascara. I wake up, morning after morning, looking like a panda. 
  • Bomber Jacket, Stradivarius: I'm quite fussy when it comes to clothes (shocker), especially statement pieces. I actually spent two years searching for the perfect leather jacket, camel coat and fedora hat. Admittedly the weight was worth it as I know adore each of those pieces that now take pride of place in my wardrobe, but I was determined not to spend two years searching for a bomber jacket. I found this one while browsing online on Stradivarius, something I do on a daily basis, and immediately fell in love. Not only that, but it was reduced from about €35 to €3.99 - I almost shed a tear and actually delayed my flight to Spain by two days just so that I could be around to pick it up. Love. I'm glad that it's not too thick as it means I've been able to wear it during the warmer weather and while on holiday in Spain. 

What have you been loving recently?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment