Wednesday 18 January 2017

A Once in a Lifetime Experience.

As an animal lover/human with a brain, I know zoos can be a touchy subject. So, when a trip to Perth Zoo was suggested, I was understandably a little bit skeptical, but, after much research into all the work Perth Zoo do and just how much they give back, I was determined to give it a go, and I'm so glad I did. The habitats were large and designed to be exactly like the animals' regular home, and the Zoo itself works with charities across the globe and is determined to fight the extinction of many animals the zoo is home too. While there, I was actually allowed to have a one on one experience with some of the animals. You can book to do this either online or on the day, and can meet/feed/help bathe so many different animals: giraffes, elephants, different breeds of monkeys, etc. (prices vary). With the giraffes, you would normally be in a group of 10 and each person is allowed to give a giraffe one branch. I was lucky enough to be allowed to do it on my own and spend a good twenty minutes up there. Giraffes are easily one of my favourite animals, so this was a dream come true. Myself and Armani (!!) got on very well. All in all, I don't have a problem with certain zoos, as long as they are actually trying to better the lives of animals in the long run, with breeding and research that they do with the animals in their captivity. AND NO SHOWS.



















I'll probably regret asking this, but what are your opinions on zoos?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment